Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sharky's Mexican Grill

While most people think that musicians and people from Hollywood in general would rather eat steamed tofu and veggies, I'm here to tell you that most professional artists in their younger days, while they can still destroy their bodies, like fast food.

For me there are lines in the sand. While I will eat In and Out Burger on a regular basis as well as a Fatburger from time to time, I haven't eaten McDonalds, Burger King, Or Jack in the Box in around 10 years. I don't really consider Fatburger and In and Out to be fast food. Anywhere in which you have to sit down at a table and wait for your food to be prepared counts as a restaurant to me. So I guess Sharky's falls into that grey area between fast food and sit down restaurant. Lets call it "medium food" neither fast nor slow.

The standard Sharky's Chicken Nacho with black beans. While nothing new, and in fact eating these breaks most of my personal diet rules I think they are great. As far as "gringo" Mexican food goes I think Sharky's blow's Baja Fresh and Wahoo's out of the water. I'd be interested in doing a side by side Chiplote vs. Sharky's but I think that would be a big waste of time followed by a long period in which I feel very bloated.


The boys in the band currently don't eat much outside of what they refer to as "The All American Feast." This usually means a runner is sent out to a local Deli to pick up Chicken Wings, Chicken Tenders, Fried Cheese Sticks, Pizza, French Fries and Onion Rings. I refer to this feast as the heart attack. After a few days of watching a band kill themselves with that kind of crap even Sharky's starts to look healthy. I'll have to go to Wakasan soon to clear out my system of this crap with some great food. Here is a link to a great write up of Wakasan by one of my all time favorite food bloggers Naoko Moore. A personal favorite for late night dining as well as post album detox. Expect my own Waksan write up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment