Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Met Alice Waters Today

Yeah, I did...It was awesome. She's such a wonderful down to earth woman, aside from being one of America's best chef's...ever...Alice was one of the first and continues to be a very loud proponent of local and organic produce. How cool is it that a "hippie chef" from Berkley California helps influence policy at The White House.

Megan and I had the pleasure of eating at Chez Panisse this past summer on our swing through Napa and San Francisco. I wish I had been hipper to the whole blogging thing at the time, I would have taken pictures and written a full post. I'll have to do that next time, but suffice to say Chez Panisse and Alice Waters have changed the American culinary lexicon for the better and we owe her a debt of gratitude for all of the wonderful local produce that is available to us now.





PS

Sorry for the lack of real food bloggish updates. I've been stuck in the studio but I do have a backlog of posts coming up, plus Rock and Dinner Roll Special...Rock and Egg Roll. My co-blogger just got back from a trip to China and from the Picture's I've seen I'm sure he has some Epic meals to discuss.

Love...Peace...Taco Grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment