Sunday, March 22, 2009

We Begin

I figured that I should provide some kind of insight to what I hope this blog will be.
I spend a lot of time in recordings studios, making albums that hopefully the public will enjoy. I have been very lucky in that a lot of the records I make people enjoy, and this is something I am thankful for every day. In the spare time that I do have, I love to cook, but more than that I love to eat. I have been lucky enough to travel to some of the best Restaurants in America, Europe, and Japan and eat some of the finest food in the world. This blog.... will most likely be about very little of that.

In my work we eat a lot of takeout. I’ve probably ordered “to go” from every single restaurant in LA, well not every one but we’re working on it. I’ve seen orders go out to: Spago, Cut, The Grill of Beverly Hills, Nobu, Subway, you name it we’ve tried it. You might think that going to such lengths for food is quite insane, or you probably just chalk it up to “Rockstars acting entitled.” While most do act fairly entitled let me tell you that the food we eat is extremely important. Imagine this; you are stuck in a fairly small room say 9’x25’ with the same 7 people for up to 18 hours a day 7 days a week with few if any days off for 2 months. Tension is building because the label really needs a hit single, if not your entire career might be over. All of a sudden things that shouldn’t be very important become the most important. What we order to the studio can make the difference between a bad day and a great day.

So where does that leave us? Why did I waste my time to read this dude’s rambleings? Hopefully I’ll provide a little insight into the occasionally secret world of LA dining as well as the professional rock and roll world, with the occasional episode of me ranting about some of my own cooking or a great wine we drank. I’ll try to keep my foot out of my mouth if you promise to do the same.

Welcome aboard.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard - this looks like it will be a great addition to the crop of high end restaurant reviewing sites. Look forward to your take on places.

    http://www.chuckeats.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks chuck. I've been a long time follower of your blog and look forward to adding my $.02

    ReplyDelete